SOS Children’s Villages take action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
SOS Children’s Villages Palestine is seeking to recruit a Psychologist Specialist for its Children’s Village team in Rafah.
Position title: Psychologist Specialist
Working location: Gaza Strip
Regional Office/Country: Rafah – Palestine
Contract: One Year
The role of the psychologist specialist is essential in securing support for children and their SOS Mothers. The child psychologist reports directly to the FBC Coordinator and works in close coordination with the Village Pedagogical Committee; social worker and educator. This position ensures quality care for children within SOS Children’s Village.
The Psychological Specialist is required to have a deep knowledge of all relevant manuals, policies, guidelines and other relevant documents of SOS Children’s Villages.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that proper child psychological and mental diagnosis is conducted in best interest of the child
- Support and guide SOS Mothers, aunts and YCCWs
- Oversee proper processing of child’s final assessment report and/or child treatment plan
- Ensure proper follow up with the biological families
- Understand the SOS Children’s Village Organisation
- Support Reintegration team, FS2, SFC and staff in line with the intrests of the children
- Support of staff at youth house and willingness to substitute in case of absence of one of the youth caregivers
Key skills and qualifications for the position:
- BA in psychological studies
- At least two years of experience in working with children
- At least on year of experience in field coordination
- Excellent skills in Microsoft office
- Excellent reporting skills
- Age between 25-40 years old
Youth with diabilities are encourged to apply
Interested candidates must send their CV, cover letter and three traceable references to: email@example.com by the 20th of November, 2018
Indicating in the subject line: Psychologist Specialist
Only short listed candidates will be contacted