National Alternative Care Advisor (NACA)
SOS Children’s Villages takes action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
Position Title: National Alternative Care Advisor (NACA)
Line Manager: National Programme Development Director
Status: Full Time
Location: Bethlehem with Frequent Visits to Gaza Strip,
Child Safeguarding Commitment:
SOS Children’s Villages works with children’s and youth. Any applicant he/she should act in a way that safeguards children and youth from all forms of discrimination, abuse, mistreatment and neglect, and will keep data about the children and youth in SOS Children’s Villages programmes confidential. He/she will report all concerns regarding actual or potential child abuse, mistreatment or any other violation of the Child Protection Policy according to our reporting and responding system. For sure, He/she would be protected and supported by the organization.
Under the leadership of the National Programme Development Director (NPDD), the National Alternative Care Advisor (NACA) drives programme development in the field of Alternative Care in line with the “Vision, Mission, Values”, that includes programme participants who are children, young people and caregivers. The Brand and approved strategies, policies and plans of the organisation and national legislation. As a member of the national programme development department, she/he contributes to setting and reaching the strategic objectives and targets of the MA in the area of Alternative Care and development to the existing structure of the programme in both locations, the West Bank Programme and the Gaza Strip Programme, the NACA monitors and evaluates progress towards achieving set targets in regards of a number of areas, (1) the Children’s Alternative Care Programme, (2) the Youth Alternative Care Programme, (3) the Integrated Children Programme. The type of services delivered to each programme participants and the empowerment delivered to the partners and to the families of the children. She/he provides technical expertise and content-wise leads SOS Children’s Village Programme Directors and Programme Coordinators in planning, implementing and the monitoring of the Alternative Care services and the cooperation with the MoSD. The NACA will also be responsible for ensuring full compliance with quality standards in the area of Child Safeguarding (CSG), ensuring full compliance with the updated SOS Children’s Villages standards within the country context. Content wise, the NACA receives guidance from the regional Alternative Care Unit. As a member of the regional EUCM network the NACA shares good practices and experiences with colleagues from other MAs.
- SOS Children’s Village Programme Directors and Programme Unit Managers/leaders in the area of Alternative Care
- National Programme Development Director.
- Regional Alternative Care Unit Head and the CSG Advisors.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
Quality Management, Monitoring and Evaluation
Human Resources Development
Research and Knowledge Management
Partnership building and Advocacy
Child Safeguarding (CS)
Qualifications and Competencies for the position:
- University degree in psycho-social or educational science.
- Working experience of minimum 5 years in relevant fields of psycho-social-educational programmes. or child care.
- Motivation for work in environment with the children and youth as final beneficiaries.
- Good command of English, written and spoken.
- Advanced knowledge of professional care quality standards and developments in psycho-social fields.
- Knowledge of human rights and rights-based approaches in the development of programmes.
- Advanced knowledge of child’s rights.
- Experience in project management, planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Good knowledge of local professional psycho-social network.
- Strong communication skills.
- Organisational and planning skills.
- Will and ability to cope with flexible working hours.
- Ability to work under high pressure.
- Computer literacy (MS Office).
Interested candidates must send their Cover Letter including related job achievements, CV, and three traceable references to:
[email protected] by Sunday 28/03/2021.
Indicating in the subject line: NACA
Only short listed candidates will be contacted Applications after deadline will be excluded. Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered.