SOS Children’s Villages takes action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
Position: Administrative Assistant
Line Manager: National Director
Status: Full Time
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the efficient day-to-day operation of the National Office by providing administrative and clerical support to the National Director and National Management Team. Since the Administrative Assistant is in direct contact with others, he/she must relate to co-workers and to the public in a positive and professional manner.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
Ensures the smooth flow of correspondence and communication
- Works closely with the National Director to ensure the smooth flow of communication;
- Coordinates official visits to the National Office;
- Arranges travel reservations, accommodation and visa arrangements for co-workers and NO visitors in a timely manner;
- Applies for the necessary visa or permits for NMT;
- Assists callers as required and takes messages if necessary;
- Handles requests for information and data;
- Collects and records regular data from SOS Children’s Villages Palestine;
- Assists with the organisation of special functions;
- Coordinates closely with CV secretary in the happenings of upcoming formal visits to the villages;
- Communicates with relevant co-workers in the happenings of upcoming events – visits;
- Uses computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to prepare reports, memos, presentations and documents;
- Forward incoming general e-mails to the appropriate staff member;
- Provide translation support when needed;
- Maintains complete confidentiality in all matters relating to NO operations;
- Coordinates maintenance of office equipment;
- Coordinates logistics of workshops.
Provides administrative and secretarial support
- Answers all routine correspondence independently. Deals with more complex matters in cooperation with relevant senior co-worker;
- Schedules meetings, appointments and prepares agendas and any supporting material for distribution;
- Records, compiles, transcribes and distributes meeting minutes;
- Observes strict confidentiality with regard to the proceedings of all meetings;
- Circulates memos and other documents as requested;
- Performs other secretarial tasks such as typing work presented by NO senior staff, photocopying, binding and filing;
- Places, responds to telephone calls, and sends faxes for NO staff (Maintains a fax register);
Ensures all personal calls and faxes are charged to the person concerned
- Registers all outgoing mail and arranges for it to be posted. Dispatches urgent mail by courier;
- Keeps up-to-date files and records concerning NO activities; meetings, correspondence etc.
Coordinates International Sponsorship Activities as Sponsorship Stand-in
- Coordinates under the guidance of the National Sponsorship Coordinator International sponsorship activities during the coordinator’s absence.
- The stand-in responds to sponsors inquiries / IG’s questions/ complaints quickly in the case of absence of the NSPO. Inquiries can include: Welcome letter missing, Last mid-year report missing, Last end-of-year report missing, Last photo missing, Letter/parcel acknowledgement missing, Reports or photos of other year missing, Visit (clarification), Money gift (question), Contact to former sponsored child, Report: Content question/error, and other Enquiry.
Key skills and qualifications for the position:
- BA in English, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience
- Fluency in both English and Arabic, additional foreign language is a plus
- Ability to work under pressure and in a team environment
- Reporting, translation and communication skills
Interested candidates must send their CV, cover letter and three traceable references to:
[email protected] by Friday June 14, 2019
Stating in the subject line: Administrative Assistant
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications after deadline will be excluded. Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered.